Release Date: 20 May 2013
Job Title: Technical Consultant
Role Type: Technical/Consulting
Remuneration: depending on applicant
Location: Cape Town based with potential to Travel in Africa
Are you passionate about Service? Does implementing detailed processes and developing them with the client excite you?
Our business provides all of the above, at high service levels, every day.
We are seeking a technical consultant that will enhance and develop our client service desk and call centre applications. This job will require getting your hands dirty with SQL. You will need to be a logical thinker and someone that can follow a process from start to finish. A quick learner that is happy to teach themselves and then feedback knowledge to the team.
We offer a challenging but fun environment that will grow you and your ability to deal with clients. If you are ready and prepped for a challenge, we have a fast and capable company ready to aid you. We require solid references, well documented past performance.
- Quickly come up to speed on ITSM products and underlying technologies
- Provide implementation services to ITSM customers
- Gather customer requirements and design, configure, test, troubleshoot, and document Cherwell ITSM implementations
- Develop and deliver onsite end-user training
- Effectively manage multiple simultaneous engagements
- Provide the highest level of customer service and achieve outstanding customer satisfaction
- Proven experience and ability providing professional services solutions
- Deep technical knowledge and experience with: relational databases (Microsoft SQL Server, SQL EXPRESS), Microsoft Active Directory and LDAP,
- Microsoft Exchange
- Demonstrated excellence in written and oral communications
- Must be able to learn new technologies quickly
- Strong analytical troubleshooting/diagnostics and problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills; effectively manage multiple priorities and follow through on all projects to completion
- Ability to thrive in a high-volume, fast-paced environment
- Knowledge and experience with ITIL, ISO 20000, COBIT, and other ITSM-related best practices
- Demonstrated ability to achieve successful outcomes in handling difficult situations
- Requires travel to customer sites to assist with implementations
- BS/BA Degree
- ITIL v3 or 2011 Foundation certification – Intermediate or Expert certifications preferred
- Network troubleshooting and knowledge of protocols such as TCP/IP, WMI, and SNMP
- Experience with network discovery tools
- Experience with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- PC/Server Hardware
- Report writing using SQL Reporting, Crystal Reports, or other reporting tools
- Previous development/programming experience in Microsoft .Net and/or with Web Services and/or APIs.
Please submit your CV with a covering letter to Andrew@revelationdata.co.za.
Successful applicants will be notified within 2 weeks of application. Due to the number of submissions it is not always possible to reply in person to each applicant that in unsuccessful.