Colorado Springs, Colo. – 16 July 2013 – Cherwell Software™, recently named “Best Vendor” at the SDI IT Service and Support awards, today announced the general availability release of Cherwell Service Management® 4.60. The release includes more than 75 new features, enhancements, and fixes including business intelligence with unlimited view licenses and end-to-end metrics; ground-breaking location awareness that enables field technicians to identify nearby service requests or configuration items; camera functionality that allows field technicians to photograph a piece of hardware and attach the image to an incident or scan a barcode to retrieve data about the device; chat and remote support integration with Bomgar®; codeless web service integration tools and automation; and IT project tracking.
“We strive to listen to our customers and create features that provide true business value to our users and ultimately to the end customers to which they provide service,” said product manager Josh Caid. This release adds several new functions that continue that tradition and take the product to a new level of affordability, productivity, visibility, and context awareness.”
Featured Cherwell Service Management 4.60 capabilities include the following:
- Business Intelligence and Dashboard Widgets: Cherwell Service Management’s highly customizable dashboards now have the ability to display multiple data series on a single chart and to view those series over time, allowing users to view trends and analyze how data points affect each other.
- iCherwell Location Awareness: Building on the native iPhone® app, iCherwell™, the location awareness feature shows a technician, at a glance, any incidents, problems, configuration items, or requests in close vicinity, allowing him or her to navigate more efficiently and close multiple tickets before returning to the service desk.
- Advanced Camera Functionality: Use the iPhone camera to scan a barcode and quickly retrieve information about that particular asset or take a picture and instantly attach the picture to the incident for easy documentation and follow up.
- Bomgar Integration: With the new Chat and Remote Support Connector, Cherwell Serv
- ice Management can now integrate with Bomgar to enhance interactions with the end users. Bomgar offers advanced remote support capabilities like chat, remote control, file transfer, and session history capture. Remote support can be initiated by the technician or the end user from any Cherwell Service Management module or the self-service portal.
- IT Project Tracking: Identify and keep projects on-track and within budget. End users can now see projects side by side and track important information like the usiness case, cost, deliverables, risks, and approvals. Cherwell Service Management’s built in approval mechanism can be used to get sign-off from all appropriate stakeholders before a project is initiated and send automatic notifications if the project goes off track.
ance Brown, CEO of Cherwell Software said, “We’re in the problem solving business. We listen to our customers and study the industry to identify areas where Cherwell Service Management can simplify tasks or overcome challenges ITSM professionals face every day.” He adds, “Because our senior staff helped shape the industry from the very beginning, we have an acute perspective on the challenges service desks must overcome. So, we’re able to outpace our competitors in solving those problems.”
The new release has been well received by Cherwell Software customers. After beta testing this software release, Elias Hunt from Dartmouth-Hitchcock said, “The mixture of barcode scanning and location aware Configuration Items could be game changing for asset management in a large distributed organization.
– See more at: http://www.cherwell.com/nr/cherwell-software-releases-cherwell-service-management-4-60-the-first-itsm-platform-to-offer-busines#sthash.YEB5kyLB.dpuf